THE TXGenWeb PROJECT
The history of Caroline Beach that of the Hermann Goodman family. In the early 1920's the Goodman family purchased this property, built a house and opened a store in their home.
A pier was built on the bay near their home which was used by fishermen, and recreational boaters and swimmers. They also built and rented cottages along the beach to summer visitors. This couple sold the property to Professor Scott of North Carolina and moved away from the area. This beach became a part of the Loyola Beach community.
SOURCES:Mrs. Carroll A (Lillian),Caroline Beach--1976;Kleberg County, Texas; Kleberg County Historic Commission, 1979; p 381.
Return to Main Page