LOCATION: Approximately 6 miles north of Omaha. It is about a mile west of Hwy 259 on CR 3340. It is located about 50 yards off to the left of this county road in an open field and can be plainly seen from the road. This land is now owned by J. T. Ramsey in the Mt. Moriah Community. There are only 3 graves in the cemetery and is enclosed by a chain link fence.
Information and location of this cemetery was furnished by J. Lloyd Heard. Thanks for your interest.
This cemetery is known to be predominantly white.
s/o = Son of
h/o = Husbnad of
d/o = Daughter of
w/o = Wife of
||Oct 17, 1879
||Sep 14, 1880*
||D/O “Capt” John Thomas and Nancy E. “Nannie” PARKER Heard; b in Perry Co., AL
|HEARD, William Que “W.Q.”
||Jun 27, 1846
||Apr 13, 1918
||S/O Ephraim Q. and Eliza KILLGORE; b in Perry Co., AL; b/o John Thomas and Robert J.; kn/ch George Ephraim, Estelle Mitchell, Eliza Anderson, Charles Henry “Dick”, Martha Q., Frances Randolph, John Robert “Bob”, Andrew Walter, Daniel Strickland, William Judson, Kirby Killgore, Joseph Dunigan, Carrie Iram and Jesse Mercer; F Troop Ball’s Regiment 8th AL Cav 1863-1865 CSA
|HEARD, Margaret Ann Carrie HAGGARD
||Mar 8, 1860
||Nov 28, 1930
||W/O W. Q.; D/O Henry Oliver and Margaret MITCHELL Haggard; m Oct 19, 1880 in Perry Co., AL; b in Perry Co., AL; grp/o J. Lloyd Heard and Helen H. Tuck
This information was copied from the MORRIS COUNTY CEMETERY BOOK – NORTHERN SECTION of 1999 which was Compiled by the Cass County Genealogical Society in cooperation with the Morris County Historical Commission.